– Healthy Breakfast Recipe –
Hey there! I made a super simple smoothie recipe and wanted to share it with all of you!
In the past 2 weeks I’ve been trying to eat healthier than I was before and on top of that I have been adding 35 minutes of cardio at the gym on my lunch breaks PLUS sometimes a workout in the evening. My goal out of all of this is to look and feel healthier. It’s not all about working out a million times a week… The food your eating has a HUGE role in becoming healthier inside and out! So along the way of my fitness/healthier journey I will most likely be posting more to share with all of you in hopes to help others out there with maybe some simple recipes like this one.
Take out your blender!
Here are the ingredients:
First spinach! I used baby spinach in this specific recipe but you can use regular size too. Spinach super beneficial to our bodies. How so?
- For starters it helps lower your blood pressure. Spinach is high in potassium which affect the amount of sodium that’s on your body. You also need to make sure you that your sodium level isn’t too low either or that can also lead into High Blood Pressure.
- Helps regulate a healthy digestive system
- It is high in Vitamin A which can help your skin and hair!
I used 1 cup of this mixed fruit I have. Theres strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries! YUMMM! Here are some benefits to each one of these delicious fruits!
- Strawberries: They are high in fiber and low in calories PLUS they help burn stored fat!
- Blueberries: Blueberries along with spinach, help lower Hugh blood pressure! They are high in Vitamin C which helps with your skin. That alone makes me want to eat more blueberries! lol!
- Raspberries: All the fiber and water in them help with constipation. Just 1 cup of raspberries has 8 grams of fiber. Women should really try to aim for about 25 grams of fiber per day! The amount of fiber men should try to aim for is around 38 grams of fiber per day.
- Blackberries: They have anti-flamatory properties to help our bodies. A cup of them has around 60 calories give or take. They are perfect to make smoothies or any type of drink with because they can provide a lot of energy for your body!
For this recipe I used 10 almonds and cute them up and then placed in the blender with the rest of the ingredients. You can always add more ingredients to this recipe if you feel like it’s not for you!
- Almonds are a great source of protein and fiber in your every day eating! I normally eat a handful a day whenever I can.
- They are healthy fat!
- Eating almonds help with snacking (at least for me it does)
Almond milk is all I drink now! Well when it comes to ‘milk’ that is. recently I have decided to stay away from dairy products as much as I possibly can and let me tell you its been HARD! I add about 1 cup of almond milk and sometimes I even add a little bit of water. Honestly sometimes I don’t like to waste too much almond milk in my smoothies so I will substitute it with water at times.
- High in healthy fats!
Here’s a chart I found that shows exactly what you’re taking in compared to cows milk. Please keep in mind that I choose to drink Almond Milk because it suits my lifestyle better. I am in no way bashing anyone that chooses to eat or drink any dairy products!
|Almond Milk||Cow’s Milk|
|Protein||1.55 grams||8.22 grams|
|Fat||2.88 grams||2.37 grams|
|Carbs||1.52 grams||12.18 grams|
|Vitamin E||49% of the RDI||0% of the RDI|
|Thiamin||11% of the RDI||3% of the RDI|
|Riboflavin||7% of the RDI||27% of the RDI|
|Magnesium||5% of the RDI||8% of the RDI|
Raw Meal Replacement
Raw Meal Replacement powder has been something I’ve been using for the past 6+ months now. I’m OBSESSED! So far this has been my go to replacement powder for most smoothies I make daily. I highly recommend this brand if you’re looking for something flavorful but also has that protein you need as well! Here is the link to their website if you want to check out their products!
The last ingredient is 1 banana! I can go on and on about how many different ways you can incorporate bananas in your every day life. There’s so many! I love adding 1 in my smoothies if I can.
- Rich in potassium
- Naturally free of fat
- They contain B-6 which are more commonly found in animal products. 1 banana= around 35% of your required daily intake of B-6. B-6 is super beneficial because it helps the body grow new cells.
- THEY ARE YUMMY!
If you end up trying this out let me know how you like it! Remember you can always add or take away any ingredients to make it your own! There’s no wrong way to make a smoothie! I hope you all have a great Monday and a great rest of your week!